Candidate will possess personal knowledge and skills to perform preventative maintenance on UPS Ground Support Equipment (GSE). Will properly diagnose and perform necessary repairs to gas and diesel-powered engines, hydraulic and air brake systems, and electrical systems. Candidate must be willing to work the 2nd or 3rd shift. Schedules include Monday through Friday and Sunday through Thursday, and Tuesday through Saturday. An attractive pay and benefits package is offered. Uniforms are provided. Candidate must posses all personal tools required to perform the job and will be required to appropriate necessary hand tools as required by job assignment.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current documented automotive mechanic experience
- Experience using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- Possess a full compliment of personal hand tools
- Perform daily maintenance and preventive maintenance on all Ground Support Equipment
- Diagnose problems using test equipment, and applicable manuals. Remove, test, repair or replace components and accessories such as carburetors, governors, air and oil cleaners, ignition components and sensors.
- Operate and test ground equipment for performance assessment.
- Document repairs, parts and labor on the computer.
- Meet D.O.T requirements
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Full time: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day week
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Sitting required infrequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds
- Assist in moving packages or equipment up to 150 pounds
- Simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Operate standard/manual transmission
- Operate power, pneumatic tools
- Required to wear personal protective equipment
- Must meet all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations (PITO) certified
- Work in an environment with: variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website