Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
We are looking for a General Manager responsible for multiple locations for Logistics and Distribution across the UK, reporting directly to the Manager Director for L&D .
This position impacts the organization by analyzing and planning for operational success and customer satisfaction in a warehouse or station. He/She monitors volume for respective clients and ensures client contract compliance for both Distribution and Post Sales customers. He/She develops operational goals and plans, monitors and communicates operations performance against plan, monitors margins, acts as liaison with customers, sets priorities, and coordinates with various functions to improve efficiency. He/She is responsible for organizing and structuring a team or department, managing operations to meet customer deadlines, developing and executing account plans, cross selling, providing customer service, participating in reviews and revisions of Statements of Work, reporting financial performance, monitoring system performance, coordinating special projects and resolving problems. This position also collaborates with the Country Controller to develop account level profit and loss statements and other financial reports and forecasts. This position manages supervisors and hourly employees.
- Overall day to day responsibility of all Managers and their Business Units.
- Responsible for the long-term planning of the operation.
- Managing multiple direct reports, over multiple sites including Management.
- Managing a P&L Management of 3PL's.
- Defining the Strategic direction of the business unit.
- Experience within Logistics & Distribution/Operations required.
- You will need 5+ year's experience in a Senior Management position.
- Proven capability in a project management role with responsibility for managing large and complex projects.
- Highly developed process and project management skills, able to communicate on different levels in an organization.
- Able to work within time-limits and within a pressurized environment.
- Able to build lasting relationships with internal & external customers.
- Minimum BA degree preferred.
- Competitive salary in accordance with the senior level of responsibilities.
- Excellent benefits package including, company car, company pension, discounts at major retailers.
- Advantageous medical insurance.
- Company holidays.
- Industry leading training.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Apply on company website