UPS Capital is further expanding in the UK and now seeks a Lead Underwriter to set up our underwriting function here in the UK.
You will provide underwriting expertise and first class service to our customers, with a proven track record of digital insurance platforms and channel partners whilst delivering profitable growth, managing complex portfolios, building strong business relationships and meeting business objectives.
What you'll do
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring adherence to Underwriting framework / guidelines within own department
- Ensure continuous improvement of direct reports and self by developing and executing on development plans
- Audit employee's Underwriting proposals
- Process complex and large deals from submittal to issuing proposals
- Evaluate potential risk, processes insurance quotes, and responds to internal and external customer requests for information
- Support policy modifications and renewals for existing customers
- Assist with other policy administration activities
- Perform tasks ensuring quality and overall complete customer service including accurate reports for Management
- Coordinate communication with UPS Capital (UPSC) sales managers in their support of managing customer opportunities
- Investigate customer shipping background and behaviors
- Monitor Risk Assessment Criteria (RAC) requests submitted by employees
What you'll need
- Insurance underwriting experience is a Must Have requirement
- Cargo/Marine underwriting expereince would be ideal
- Strong communication skills including the ability to handle challenging situations
- Fluent in English, additional language skills beneficial
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proficient MS-Office – especially Word and Excel skills
- Educated to Degree level
What you'll get
Industry-leading training will build on your existing talents plus opportunities to develop your professional and technical job specific education and if career advancement is important to you development opportunities are available. You can also look forward to a competitive salary, annual Bonus and excellent benefits including pension scheme and discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions such as Alton Towers or The London Eye.
- Flexibility as to your office location Feltham/Camden
- Onsite parking available at both sites and convenient commute to local train stations
- The possibility to work remote – all necessary equipment provided.
During the current COVID 19 outbreak we are enabling all staff to work remotely from home providing all necessary equipment.
About UPS Capital
UPS Capital is one of the fastest growing business units of UPS which provides risk mitigation and financial solutions for businesses of all sizes and industries.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible so please leave both your phone number and email contact details to speed up your application. Our preferred method of contact is via phone. If you only leave an email, please make sure to check your spam or junk inbox if you have not received any communication from us within a few days of your application.
Apply on company website