The Operations & Compliance Specialist supports Operations in distribution and logistics network. He/She monitors and coordinates operations to ensure all service metrics are met on a daily basis. This position implements and provides training on operational processes to meet regulatory requirements and maintain compliance in the operation. The Operations & Compliance Specialist assists customers with requests for information and supplies and provides management with data on compliance, financial and operational performance. He/She provides guidance to internal and externally sourced employees including drivers.
The Operations & Compliance Specialist assists with the execution of operational activities on the floor when required to support meeting operational requirements on a daily basis. He/She serves as point of contact for customer requests to efficiently meet customer needs. This position assists with the review of policies and procedures with clients to determine specialized requirements. The Operations & Compliance Specialist helps interface with Corporate Compliance to ensure no overlaps and gaps in procedures and guidelines exist.
- Collects and reports the daily operations metrics to provide Operations management with the status on potential service issues.
- Participates in operations weekly calls to share information, seek help with issue resolution, and share best practices.
- Responds to employee questions on work and personal issues to ensure employee needs are met.
- Escalates any operational / employee issues for resolution as required to the supervisor.
- Serves as point of contact for customer requests to efficiently meet customer needs.
- Coordinates the efforts to implement plans to correct potential service failures in the operation.
- Supports the implementation of training programs and materials to train RA and internal clients on SOPs, work instructions, and regulatory topics.
- Assists with the writing and revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions to ensure proper procedures are followed by Operations personnel.
- Supports consulting with internal groups (e.g., Operations, Client Services, Business Development, Information Technology, etc.) on healthcare issues and procedures to ensure healthcare compliance.
- Assists in interpreting regulations and procedures for clients to ensure their compliance.
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a basic understanding of supply chain concepts; identifies issues within a supply chain.
- Bachelor's degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Experience conducting customer or client needs analysis – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website