Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.Part Time Warehouse Operative -UPS Stansted Hours - Evenings Monday to Friday - 7.00pm - 10.30pm Position Summary:
Ensureaccurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines.
The Local Sorter role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customer's.Key Responsibilities:
- Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
- Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
- Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
- Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
- Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
- To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery' parcels.
- Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Accurately follow written instructions.
- Attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced, pressurized environment.
- Willing to perform other duties as and when required.
- Be security minded
Full Training will be provided
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
Apply on company website