Hours per Week: 27.5
Work Environment: Fast pace environment.
This position supervises Package Handlers and trains, develops, and holds workgroups responsible for safety, production and attendance. He/She sets and maintains high standards for account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety. This position provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance with department, station, corporate and OSHA requirements.
- Manages department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Establishes and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Implements employee personal development plans as required to ensure the continuing professional growth of department personnel.
- Ensures all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support their continued development.
- Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all time
- Provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Ability to lift 70 lbs./32 kgs.
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, up to 5 days per week
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment
Willing to learn.
Be a team player.
Interpersonal Skills: Must have good communication skills and be willing to help out in other areas of the Hub.
Applicant must complete a Pymetrics assessment in order to be considered for this position. An email from “UPS Recruitment” containing instructions will be sent to the email address associated with the application within 24-48 hours of supervisor approval. Applicant will have 3 business days to complete the assessment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website