FUTURE YOU turns part-time work into full-time rewards.
Part-time Warehouse Operative
We take all kinds of things to all kinds of places at UPS. Whatever it is, wherever it's going, we handle it with the care for which we're known and trusted. All over the world. Work for us at our Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, SS17 9FD site and you won't just be helping us deliver packages; you'll be delivering our reputation.
It'll be busy. It'll be hard work. But you're not afraid of either. Because Future You is full of initiative and pride yourself on a job well done. As we do. You can do what's needed quickly and accurately too, paying close attention to detail and picking up instructions with ease.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- Company pension scheme, discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions (such as Alton Towers and The London Eye), plus many more benefits
- Full training to help you perform at your best
- Opportunities to progress - thanks to our 'promotion from within policy'
The safety of our people, our customers and our community is our priority. As well as receiving Health and Safety training relevant to your role, rest assured that we have implemented stringent safety measures in all of our facilities during the ongoing Coronavirus climae, to include social distancing, more frequent facility deep cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on the job.
What you'll do:
- Work 03.30am to 07.00am, Tuesday to Saturday
- Salary is £12.92 per hour
- Flexibility is needed
- Move and sort packages in a busy warehouse environment
- Work safely and accurately at speed, following instruction
- Double-check your work as you go
What you'll need:
- Excellent communication skills, speed and accuracy
- A flexible, friendly approach with a team focus and can-do attitude
- Initiative, an eye for detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to accurately follow instructions
A candidate will undertake an 18 month training programme, that goes hand in hand with UPS's internal programmes, at the end of which they will gain a Nationally recognised Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Supply Chain Warehouse. The programme will enhance the training available at UPS, so that candidates have an understanding of safe efficient working methods, regulation and legislation and a wider understanding of the industry. In addition to the Supply Chain qualification, the programme will also support you gaining Level 1 and Level 2 in English and Maths if you don't already hold these qualifications.
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business:
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Apply on company website