Join Our Community of Food People!The Assistant General Counsel—Nationally Managed Business is responsible for providing legal advice and supporting Nationally Managed Business, drafting and negotiating a broad spectrum of commercial agreements, and integrating legal and business needs to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed. This position assists in protecting the Company's legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. It provides hands-on counsel to Nationally Managed Business, as well as other assigned business clients, and is responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage all legal commercial work related to Nationally Managed Business, including reviewing, interpreting, revising, negotiating, and drafting complex agreements and correspondence with GPOs, government entities, franchises, healthcare providers, hospitality companies, and third-party consultants.
Develop strong partnerships with internal clients and cross-functional areas to achieve successful business outcomes.
Routinely conduct independent legal analysis of laws and potential risks to Company arising from issues raised by internal clients; provide legal advice to business partners to minimize such risk.
Provide internal clients with advice and counsel on a variety of matters, including: contract interpretation, Anti-Kickback Statute compliance, and government contracting.
Provide direction and mentoring to junior members of Commercial Legal Team.
Undertake special projects, as determined by the General Counsel or Associate General Counsel (Commercial), designed to enhance processes, drive efficiency, promote profitability, and mitigate risk.
Develop and deliver training on various legal issues to internal groups.
Represent the Legal Department on cross-functional internal teams; represent the Company before state and federal regulatory and administrative agencies.
Manage outside counsel and coordinate work of outside counsel with needs of internal clients.
- J.D., admission to at least one United States bar
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant legal experience
- Prior experience with government contracting preferred.
- Prior experience with Anti-Kickback Statute application and interpretation is preferred.
- Prior in-house experience strongly desired, preferably with a large multi-state company. Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Must be able to exercise sound independent judgment with general supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to express complex legal issues in clear, concise language.
- Subject matter experience in one or more of the following fields: contract law, Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, advertising compliance.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website