Join Our Community of Food People!The primary responsibilities of the FSQA Quality Specialist are as follows: (1) executing product quality evaluations (PQE) (2) manage documents and facility compliance monitoring in the US Foods Data Management System (3) assisting in specification projects and label approvals and (4) maintain vendor & product logs/list.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set-up and execute product quality evaluations, this includes; physical set-up of product evaluation, measurement of product attributes, evaluation of sensory attributes, data collection, leading PQE Reviews with cross-functional team and data reporting to Vendors.
Provide product evaluation support as requested and required for other USF FSQ projects, programs, and initiatives.
Support the ongoing compliance process through the verification of labels, third party audit reports and escalating compliance issues to relevant parties.
Manage vendor documents and facility compliance monitoring in the US Foods Data Management System.
Ensure the correct Vendors are active in our USF data management system and have the appropriate compliance requirements.
Act as the administrator for the FSQ on-line complaint system. This includes setting up new users, ensuring Vendor contact information is accurate and troubleshooting.
Manage PQE Product Matrix, EB Vendor Contact List and Vendor Status Change Log.
Assist in the data collection/reporting for Vendor FSQ Scorecards.
Provide support in the distribution of communications to customers, Vendors, and USF facilities in the areas of food safety and quality project initiatives.
Internal: FSQA Managers, Category Management, PD, Customer Service Personnel
External: Vendors, Customers
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of science for the role
(e.g. food science, dairy science, meat science, animal science, plant science, engineering, microbiology, etc.) or commensurate degree
- Food Safety Quality experience - (Minimum 2 years- preferred)
- Knowledge of FDA (FSMA) & USDA regulatory requirements and food safety systems.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment - preferred
- Knowledge of PCQI/HACCP, SOPs, GMPs and Product Specifications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize - required
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to interact across organizational levels
- Positive attitude and exhibit honest & ethical behavior
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Some travel may be required
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website