Company: US Foods
Location: Rosemont, IL
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
Email me to apply later
Join Our Community of Food People!Leads aspects of Occupational Health (OH) within the US Foods Safety, Health and Environment function. Provides targeted OH support to multiple sites. Guides and supports the implementation of the Industrial Athlete program to effect improved workplace ergonomics and employee bionomics. Coordinates job-based physical demands (analyses, pre-employment testing, work restrictions, and work hardening) across multiple sites. Identifies, supports and coordinates targeted wellness initiatives to improve overall employee health on and off the job. Provides medical guidance to key stakeholders (as needed) on return-to-work, claims management, and leave administration to help ensure appropriate case management. Facilitates medical incident preparedness and influences clinic relationships to help ensure best employee outcomes post-incident.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads Assigned Aspects Of Occupational Health (Oh) And Ensures Alignment With Overall Us Foods She Direction.
- Helps Design And Drives Consistent Implementation Of Oh Protocols And Practices Per Us Foods Expectations And In Conformance With Applicable Laws And Regulations And Governmental Guidelines (Dot, Osha, Niosh, Cdc, Etc.).
- Supports The Industrial Athlete Initiative Throughout Us Foods. Incorporates Medically Sound Approaches To Workplace Stretching, Warm-Up'S, Athletic Training, Etc. Stays Current On New Opportunities That Can Enhance Industrial Athlete Programming.
- Coordinates The Execution / Implementation Of Physical Demands Analyses And Related Activities (E.G., Pre-Employment Physical Testing, Work Hardening, Etc.) To Effect Improved Employee Outcomes.
- Supports Risk Management, Legal, And Hr To Develop / Improve Company Policies And Procedures Designed To Achieve Best Practices In Workers' Compensation (Wc) Administration And That Include Appropriate And High-Quality Medical Care For Employees.
- Engages With Risk Management, Third Party Administrators, Legal, And Local Teams To Provide A Medical Perspective And Help Resolve Complex Wc Cases And Long-Term Claims.
- In Partnership With Hr, Facilitates Front-Line Employee Wellness Programs And Initiatives To Improve Employee Well-Being In Line With “Total Worker Health.” Aligns Wellness Efforts To Critical Oh Exposures, Such As Ergonomics, Musculoskeletal Injuries, Slips/Trips/Falls, Etc. Evaluates Effectiveness Of Wellness Efforts Over Time.
- Facilitates The Design And Evaluation Of Local Medical First Responder Programs. Collaborates With Site Stakeholders To Enhance Incident Preparedness Assuring Readily Available And Competent Internal First Responders Through Appropriate Training, Drills, Etc.
- Models High Ethical Standards And Employee Advocacy Reinforcing The “We Care” Mindset.
- Minimum Of Bsn (Nursing).
- Registered Nurse (With Current License)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (Cohn-S)
Minimum Of 7 - 10 Years Of Increasingly Responsible Oh Experience In The Manufacturing, Foodservice, Distribution, And / Or Retail Industries That Spans Incident Prevention, Regulatory Compliance, Occupational Wellness, Incident Preparedness, And Clinical Nursing. Multi-Site Oversight Experience A Plus.
- Demonstrates Sound Clinical Judgment And Understanding Of Nursing Standards Of Practice. Models Professional Ethics And Employee Advocacy.
- Critical Thinker Who Understands Overlap Between Various Occupational Health / Wellness Programs As Well As The Stakeholders Who Influence And Are Impacted By Such Programs.
- Demonstrates Leadership Skills, Successful Team Player And Team Builder.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills. Excellent Written And Oral Communication Skills. Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Excellent Influence, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution And Facilitation Skills With Diverse Groups Of Individuals.
- Excellent Analytical Ability, Strong Interpretive Skills And Proven Success In Driving Change.
- Knowledge Of Various Federal And State Laws And Regulations Related To Occupational Health, Including But Not Limited To, Osha, Cdc, Niosh, Ada, Family & Medical Leave, Social Security Disability Insurance, And Workers' Compensation.
- Knowledge Of Industry Benchmarking Metrics Is Desirable.
- Computer Proficiency In Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Etc.).
- Ability To Travel Up To 30%.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website