Join Our Community of Food People!The Project Manager's primary responsibilities are executing, planning, tracking and managing the day-to-day projects received by the Creative Services Department. This role is responsible for identifying key resources and providing the direction required for meeting the project objectives and timelines. This position is a liaison with other internal departments including, but not limited to merchandising, marketing and our multiple field areas. The position manages numerous deliverables to ensure we are aligned with the established processes and timelines for a flawless execution. This position develops and issues schedules, identifies and addresses workflow and process related issues, addressing resolutions. This position will manage proofreaders having 1 to 2 direct reports.
This position is vital to managing high volume projects with multiple deliverables and timelines. The volume to date is over 12,000 deliverables annually. Managing the day-the day activities of a project encompasses, collaboration with key stakeholders and strong partnerships with our field. This position must have good judgment; make tough decisions related to the projects, while meeting critical deadlines to prevent negative impact to our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all aspects of projects from inception to completion and acts as a liaison between creative services and the marketing, merchandising department, and our field areas.
- Primary contact, managing creative briefs for projects entering creative services, for approval.
- Participate and attend project kick-off meeting to discuss scope/strategy and create timelines.
- Manage projects to ensure timelines are archived and critical creative and production launch deadlines are met.
- Create tracking files to monitor all projects against the established timeline.
- Create status reports and leads daily meetings to update all groups on status for on-going or new projects.
- Manage and maintain the schedules, proofing cycles and final input for all projects.
- Monitor projects within creative services, marketing, and merchandising teams to meet established deadlines, and socialize any non-compliance with in the work streams.
- Lead research on project delays in the process. Facilitate meetings with the teams to discuss and resolve issues.
- Provide complete and thorough knowledge of all history and changes on the projects and able to communicate job status and history effectively to all team members.
- Anticipate workflow problems; engage their manager to assist with solutions and communicate those impacting departments.
- Work closely with their manager to provide information on day-to-day issues, workflow and specific project information, to assist with process improvements.
- Owns, recruiting, interviewing and selecting qualified staff and or contracted proofreaders with the appropriate skills for projects activities.
- Responsible for managing proofreaders to ensure procedures and projects are following the established processes and meeting all critical deadlines.
- Mentor direct reports (proofreaders) to develop and maximize potential and monitoring performance including performance review (if applicable).
- Demonstrate a commitment to USFOODS cultural beliefs.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This position requires knowledge of marketing, merchandising, graphic arts, print production and general production processes acquired through formal education or 3-5 years on-the-job application. Equivalent to a Bachelor's of Applied Science, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications.
• Bachelor's degree in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in Marketing, Graphic Arts, Production or Traffic within a high volume, fast paced advertising department or agency
• Minimum 2 years in a supervisory or lead role
• Must be detail-oriented, resourceful, flexible, and able to work independently
• Ability to function creatively in a highly collaborative environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have organization, negotiating, team management skills
• Working knowledge of MS Project, SharePoint, Basecamp
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Entourage
• Familiar with on line soft proofing software
• Familiarity of both the PC and Macintosh operating systems
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website