Join Our Community of Food People!The Sous Chef will execute the day to day operations of the US Foods Kitchens including maintaining the US Foods kitchens, supporting EB Product Commercialization processes and culinary focused events and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising US Foods Kitchen Operations
- Oversee the US Foods kitchen schedules pertaining to product development, FSQ and Category product evaluations, customer/vendor support, events and trainings
- Oversee daily organization of the US Foods kitchens including ordering products/supplies, proper food handling and waste disposal, product donations and customer service for both internal and external kitchen visitors
- Support the Inventory Steward with inventory management of short and long-term products by overseeing adherence to multiple US Foods ‘Green Initiatives' including but not limited to composting, recycling, donating and managing food waste appropriately
- Supervise porters, interns and student workers routine and special projects
- Oversee and maintain the US Foods Kitchens Repair & Maintenance Log ensuring equipment is up-to-date and records are accessible to appropriate personnel
- Provide culinary support and customer service to all internal stakeholders
- Supporting the EB Product Development and Commercialization process in conjunction with the Product Development Team
- Facilitate the daily Stage Gate product evaluation process including proper handling, preparation and applications made with developing concepts
- Support new concept development with creative and appropriate applications
- Support the maintenance of the US Foods EB portfolio
- Execute product evaluations including sample ordering, set-up of cuttings, data collection and analysis incorporating the competitive scope between EB & MB Brands
- Supporting Culinary Team/Brands Chef Initiatives
- Oversee the culinary kitchens and events calendar
- Support and conduct training sessions
- Support high profile, senior-level management and customer facing events
- Facilitate and/or lead culinary focused presentations including set-up, preparation, developing content, presenting and breakdown
Education/Training: Must have at minimum a 2-year Culinary Degree or a minimum of 6 years relevant culinary experience. Must have experience in ordering & inventory management, proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Current ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate required.
Related Experience: The candidate must be able to assert their culinary expertise on a day to day basis in support of Corporate Culinary & Product Development initiatives while upholding the high standards maintained within US Foods.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, professional and proactive inter-personal skills, customer service and a high attention to detail. Must demonstrate a strong, consistent ability to remain organized and execute multiple projects/priorities at a high level at one time. Must possess a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Outlook and Excel. Must possess an ability to interact with existing & potential customers, suppliers and US Foods staff up to and including Executive Leadership Team & Board of Directors. Candidate must be able to prioritize work based on corporate needs & impact, and uphold the high standards maintained in the US Foods kitchens at all times.
Travel: Little to none
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website