Clinical Support Specialist (Required LPN, EMT, MA) - PRN
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients & We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Our Clinical Support Specialists handle telephone inquiries from patients, families, physicians and other healthcare professionals relative to patient care questions or needs. Professional and efficient management of visitors, telephone calls, clerical duties, and customer service needed for this position. Our Clinical Support Specialists are responsible for oversight of Home Health Certification, Recertification, census, and care plan oversight activities. Our team also handles renaming and redirection of faxes to the appropriate department to be processed in a timely manner according to company protocol.
Bring Your Talents & Clinical Experience to a Team that Welcomes You
Reasons to Come Work with Us:
- Work for a Physician Lead Organization with Clinical & Quality Initiatives at the Forefront of Patient Care
- Ability to Use your Years of Clinical Training
- No Direct Patient Care
- No Long Hours on the FloorNo Standing on Your Feet
- Autonomy to Perform your Clinical Duties
- Controlled Environment for taking Patient related Calls
- Flexibility in Schedule to Trade Shifts if Needed (Three 12-Hour shifts with One 4-hour shift)
- Established & Proven Leadership Team
- Work for an Organization that has been Established Since 1993
- On-Site Gym for those who like to Exercise
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives inquiries from patient/caregiver in a concerned and professional manner; documents all conversations/actions/outcomes in the patient chart. Assesses patient needs and communicates method of resolution via system
- Communicates medical need for patient visits to Scheduling Department. Reviews patient charts following visits and processes Physician orders through appropriate home health agency and/or vendor
- Receives critical lab values report from lab and contacts Physician to ascertain follow up action. Notes Physician orders in chart and completes action as directed. Communicate with all members of the health care team and office staff in the assigned service area
- Collaborate with Physician to ensure all potential Care Plan Oversight and care coordination billable minutes are captured
- Provides on-site coordination of home health documentation. Interacts with Physicians, staff, patients/families, community agencies etc.
- Triage on-call and coordinates with provider and practice manager on patient follow up. Skill in maintaining department quality assurance and control standards
- Triage, interpret, archive and rename medical records based on clinical urgency using standardized naming conventions and processes. Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receives all telephone calls and directs and or records/relays messages.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct home health paperwork provided by home health providers
- Home health coordination to assure referrals and paperwork for home health are properly and timely placed
- Documents any complaint from patient or caregiver on designated form and takes immediate corrective action, if possible. Reports, in writing to supervisor. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- When on duty, ensures the reception station is staffed. Completes additional tasks outside of the above responsibilities as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of experience in coordination of patient care in a hospital, clinic, patient office or clinical environment, preferably geriatric care
- Knowledge of compliance (including clinical records) of all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification with Home Health Care compliance standards. Familiar with home health care referral criteria and services
- Remains up to date about changes in the field of home health care; shares information with appropriate personnel
- Assures the coordination and delivery of home health services provided throughout the practice. Completes and submits all required documents and reports in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt to new systems as required and apply guidelines/ procedures, analyze problems and ability to resolve issues in a rapid, direct and complete manner with importance of inquiry and to assign priority for resolution
- Excellent service behavior to all Physicians, staff, patients, caregivers and community vendor agencies during all encounters. Demonstrates interpersonal skills that promote communication, collaboration, problem resolution, and teamwork. Maintain relationships with patients, caregivers and coworkers
- Proven organization, communication and time management skills. Ability to multi task, self-motivate, maintain a professional demeanor and dependability
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Medical or Technical Certification or Practical Nursing License
- 2+ years of patient care customer service experience
- 2+ years of proven healthcare experience
- Experience with an EMR highly preferred
- Knowledge of practice protocols for maintenance of patient charts, phone calls, customer service questions and other regulations regarding release of information
Apply on company website