Director - Strategy and Business Development
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients & We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Director - Strategy and Business Development is expected to build strong relationships and partnerships within and among the USMM business units. The individual will lead strategic dialogue among multifunctional teams to identify and analyze business opportunities, to assemble and review market and competitor analyses, to develop economic and financial analyses, to support and drive USMM execution, and to align disparate company resources toward the USMM objectives.
The individual will lead through personal values consistent with USMMs corporate values. He/she will maintain rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with a passion for excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable about USMM products and services and understand how they currently fit into the overall healthcare ecosystem
- Understand the multiple market needs and use cases for USMMs current continuum of services
- Manage the sales teams selling USMM products and services
- Develop an understanding of products, services, and pricing models being offered by USMM competitors
- Utilize current and develop new customer relationships with C-Suite, CMO, Medical Management staff and others at potential customer organizations to understand their needs
- Develop new opportunities to sell USMMs current services to new Centene Health Plans, Centene plans not currently using USMM services, or external customers
- Work with all levels of USMM employees and departments to develop new products or services and organize the company to develop, market, and deliver those products to potential targets
- Determine partnership opportunities and manage the development of those relationships
- Develop and execute annual development plans
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Travel for in-person meetings with potential customers and develop key relationships
- Work in conjunction with USMM operating company management on Marketing and Sales opportunities
- Manage targeted marketing campaigns through follow up calls, emails, and set meetings
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Determine which conferences and tradeshows merit participation
- Provide oversight for USMMs Marketing department
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience which includes:
- Analyzing new business opportunities and participating in acquisition, strategic investment, partnership, alliance or other related types of discussions
- Strong business development, sales, and managerial experience and skills are required. Specific experience in new product development, business case development, customer relationship building and maintenance, and sales team management
- Managed Health Care industry knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated success in working with C level executives, senior business leaders and executives, whether internal or external
- Masters Degree in Health Management, Business Administration, Nursing, or similar required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Clear, quick, and concise communication, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage diverse resources within a matrix environment toward the achievement of a common objective
- Organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and transactions concurrently
- Highly-motivated, self-starting, autonomous individual who can work independently and set his/her own priorities, yet also function well as a team player
- Self-confident, polished personality with the ability to influence the thinking of others through example and personal style
- Discreet and trustworthy with highly confidential information
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics with a reputation for honesty and credibility
Apply on company website