Medical Records Clerk - Compliance
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients & We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer or designee (Compliance Officer), the Medical Records Clerk ensures that all medical record requests are processed efficiently and timely and handled according to company policy and applicable regulations including but not limited to HIPAA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes medical record requests and processes or refers to appropriate department based on the type of request in accordance with internal policy and procedure
- Assembles requested medical record documentation from appropriate sources, i.e. electronicmedical record, storage or hard copy
- Promptly answers incoming calls, checks, and responds to incoming voicemails and emails pertaining to medical record requests in a courteous manner
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolves and follows up regarding medical record correspondence and distribution to appropriate parties involved
- Directly communicates with requestors to coordinate and manages medical record requests
- Follows HIPAA and other applicable laws/regulations, guidelines, policies,and procedures when processing medical records requests or additional documentation requests
- Follows USMM values and customer service standards
- Provides outstanding customer service to all external parties as well as internal departments
- Develops and maintains professional relationships through effective and timely communication
- Files miscellaneous paperwork electronically
- Performs other clerical duties as directed and assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good organization & multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, i.e.ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Familiar with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer data entry
- Ability to use basic office equipment to perform faxing, scanning and printing duties
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments to meet department deadlines
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Some college coursework completed
- Experience in health care revenue cycle
- Experience in medical records
- Certification in Medical Billing or specialized program
Apply on company website