Patient Access Representative
U.S. Medical Management (USMM), an affiliate of a leading Fortune 250 company, manages a nationwide continuum of premier providers of medical services delivered primarily to the homes of elderly and homebound patients. Providing primary home care is the future of medicine, and at USMM, the future is now. With the knowledge and experience to address the evolution of healthcare, USMM is poised for a phenomenal future.
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Patient Access Representative obtains and validates patient demographic, insurance and financial information. This position serves as a point of contact for Visiting Physician Association and Centene.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the USMM culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
- Entry of patient referrals, including complete and validated demographic, insurance and financial data
- Verify insurance benefits utilizing all available resources
- Notify patients/guarantors of financial responsibility. Refer appropriate cases to the Customer Service department for payment collection
- Make documents received during the registration accessible to physician practices in Aprima
- Provide correct information to referral source and patient callers regarding the benefits of VPA services.
- Educate referral sources on New Patient Referral processes
- Consistently meet all quality and productivity standards set by department manager or supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, or completion of some college coursework (accepted in lieu of experience)
- One year experience in customer service, insurance verification, registration, or administrative role
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a call center environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments to meet department deadlines
- Knowledge of Centricity
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience within a Healthcare setting
- CHAA certification
- Completion of Medical Terminology course
Apply on company website