Respiratory Therapist - Per Visit
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients & We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for the delivery of Respiratory Therapy (RT) equipment and services to client/patients of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner in all interactions with client/patients
- Deliver and set up respiratory therapy (RT) equipment, including (but not limited to) oxygen therapy, CPAP/BIPAP, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, and ventilation, afflovest and cough assist
- Demonstrate the use of RT equipment in the client/patients home, and ensure that the client/patient and/or caregiver demonstrate knowledge of proper operation of the equipment
- Provide ongoing client visits for RT equipment maintenance and revisions to Plan of Care.
- Pick up and clean RT equipment as needed
- Assist in resolving RT equipment problems under emergency conditions when appropriate.
- Assume on-call responsibilities in accordance with Company policy
- Complete appropriate documentation of client visits, including reports as needed to physicians with regard to client/patient clinical progress
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and simple repairs on RT equipment as required; arrange for repair by manufacturer when necessary
- Report RT equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required in compliance with Company policy
- Participate in surveys conducted by authorized inspection agencies
- Participate in the Companys Performance Improvement program as requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator
- Participate in Company committees when requested
- Pursue continuing education programs appropriate to job responsibilities
- Perform PFT testing requested by Visiting Physicians Association
- Perform RT evaluations for patients request by Visiting Physicians associations
- Lead, mentor, train and providing oversight of PRN RTs
- Attend weekly VPA provider meetings as a RT liaison
- Participation of DME respiratory in-services
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior VP
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- Certified and/or Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Licensed by the State
- Valid Drivers License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One year of home medical equipment experience
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use hands to operate vehicles and office equipment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Apply on company website