Market Range: 21
Hiring Range: Salary Commensurate with Education and ExperienceJOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
University Health Services (UHS) is seeking a full-time psychiatrist to provide direct clinical evaluation and management of behavioral health issues for students, faculty and staff at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. This position also provides education and counselling on behavioral health issues and interfaces with other campuses in order to facilitate resolution of behavioral health issues.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs all activities related to behavioral health services provided through University Health Services on the campus of UTHSC.
- Provides initial psychiatric testing and evaluation, including urgent care management.
- Establishes a diagnosis; develops a treatment plan and provides medication management.
- Orders pertinent psychiatric, laboratory and radiology tests.
- Provides counseling services.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record, detailing services provided and treatment plans recommended.
- Initiates referral for and disposition of the patient's behavioral health care.
- Provides tele psychiatry services to out of town students.
- Provides education to students, faculty and staff regarding behavioral health issues and services.
- Participates in student and staff orientation programs.
- Directs activities related to “Red Flag” behaviors.
- Provides supervisory support, including review of clinical care provided by therapists and/or APP's.
EDUCATION: An M.D or D.O. degree, completion of an ACGME-accredited residency in Psychiatry with a valid license to practice Psychiatry in the state of Tennessee. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)EXPERIENCE: Possess a general knowledge and understanding of healthcare in the ambulatory clinic setting. Possess specific knowledge of behavioral medicine healthcare. High level of analytical skills and creative ability. Ability to (and support/enhance) work in a team-oriented environment. Ability to work with minimal supervision and make frequent independent judgments. Perform duties on a continual basis with close attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize tasks, and exhibit flexibility with needs and the performance of duties. Excellent interpersonal skills to receive and convene with patients, families, staff and other physicians possessing or describing a variety of concerns. Other mental processes required to perform essential duties and responsibilities include observing, analyzing, differentiating, problem solving, identifying, reasoning, interpreting, remembering, knowing, and understanding, among others. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Valid medical license to practice psychiatry in the state of Tennessee. Board certification or board eligibility (if board eligible, must obtain certification within one year of hire) in the field of psychiatry. (COPY OF LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED)
Apply on company website