28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This individual contributor position is accountable for Human Resources support of assigned individuals within the Operations Teams at the Valley, Nebraska location. This position will coordinate and provide Human Resources support for assigned clients and must build and develop effective relationships with the leaders, managers and employees to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including, but not limited to: employee relations, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, new hire onboarding, off-boarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. As a member of the HR Team, this role serves on the HR front lines in support of the business. This position is actively involved with a demonstrating best practices in Human Resources.
- You will report into the site HR Director has, you will have no direct or indirect reports
- Create and maintain job descriptions
- Provide full range of Human Resources advice, support, consultation and guidance, including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned departments and employees
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Help resolve employee issues; lead employee relations initiatives and investigations to ensure a positive and fair work environment
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business through exposure to departmental activities
- Collaborate with department leaders to execute HR processes and associated activities
- Participate and help with various HR and campus-wide initiatives, including, but not limited to safety events, annual performance review process, benefits open enrollment, new programs/policies, and training initiatives
- Build credibility within assigned departments by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments' short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success
- Accurate data entry into HRIS system and related HR technologies
- Seek learning and development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on HR practices through benchmarking, networking, and exposure to business related research/publications
- Organize and lead New Employee Onboarding
- Attend and support company events such as retirement parties
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Gather and analyze feedback from client groups and partner with HR Manager in developing and implementing solutions
- Recommends, develops and implements programs to promote employee performance, engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Analyzes employee relations issues and investigates employee complaints, including complex matters, consults with legal and senior leadership and makes sound recommendations for management action and follow-through to ensure closure
- Supports managers and associates during the performance management process which includes defining goals, identifying job responsibilities, creating development plans, assessing performance and evaluating compensation
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or Associates degree with 3+ years relevant experience or 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and ability to act on Compliance and Regulatory issues
- Two years of experience working with a major, non-proprietary HRIS system
- The ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
- The ability to work in a production/manufacturing environment
- The ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to support operational needs
- Experience with employee relations dispute resolution, and litigation avoidance
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
HighlyQualified Candidates Will Also Possess:
- PHR certification, or SHRM-CP certification
- Experience using Workday, Workforce, and ADP software applications
- A high awareness for labor compliance, amendments, regulations, including Affirmative Action Planning as well as court decisions related to employment laws
- Experience working with timekeeping and compensation plans for both exempt and non-exempt employees
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their personal and family's overall wellness needs are met.
o Medical, dental and vision insurance
o Paid time off
o Employer paid life insurance
o Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
o Retirement plans
o Dependent care
o Employee assistance programs
o Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Because of the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, you may go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. While visiting the manufacturing areas of the plant, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required at all times. You are required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel requirements for this position are minimal – may travel to other sites up to 10% with overnight stays. You are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with multiple files and forms and while working on the computer. You are occasionally required to move about the office. You must use proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website