28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Facility Manager will serve as liaison between contractors and Valmont Industries regarding construction to new or existing facilities and/or utilities. The incumbent will work closely with Project, Plant, and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure collaboration on schedules and project management. The Facility Manager will be involved in securing and reviewing project and equipment quotes, presenting capital projects for approval and managing projects through to completion. The Facility Manager will be strategic and forward thinking with the ability to develop and lead our infrastructure to the best in class. The incumbent will provide oversight and leadership to Food Services, Protection Services and Administrative Support (including Voice Communication Operator), Facility Maintenance and Engineering teams, Receiving and MRO.
The Facility Manager is responsible to collaborate with various business leaders to manage various resources during emergency situations including but not limited to electrical faults, air/gas/waterline breaks, and/or severe weather-related or disaster recovery challenges.
· Collaborates with Plant and Manufacturing Engineering on construction and equipment upgrade/replacement projects
· Manages and controls the use of outside contractors/services when in-house resources are not available
· Establishes and maintains procedures that ensure high standards of productivity, quality, cost effectiveness and safety
· Obtains quotes from various vendors and secures effective resources for project needs
· Presents proposals and cost justifications to various levels of management to seek buy-in and approval across segments
· Provides oversight for the building of major capital projects including building and equipment enhancements or additions
· Organizes and controls the use of maintenance resources to improve maintenance costs and equipment reliability
· Leads, develops, and coaches our security/protection services team to ensure excellent customer service
· Ensures facility and personnel security operations requirements are met at local, state and federal requirements
· Manages the vendor relationships with onsite food service contract and other necessary vendor management
· Maintains partnership with all business divisions within Valmont to ensure quality and resources are provided
· Provides recommendations for process improvement/techniques within areas of responsibility
· This position reports into Group President and has 15 direct reports and 20 indirect reports
· This role requires up to 5% travel domestically, including overnight stays
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Practice a high degree of cooperation and coordination with all levels within Valmont
· Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
· Must use independent judgement and discretion
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Associates Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Proven project management experience overseeing multiple projects at one time
· Basic understanding of engineering knowledge and ability understand engineering drawings
· Demonstrated strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
· Strong knowledge of OSHA industry standards
· Strong understanding of Facility Security issues and operations
· Excellent understanding of manufacturing/facility equipment operations
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
· Strong financial and budgeting skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Management
· High level of initiative and self-motivation
· Strong Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement experience
· Knowledge of IFS, AutoCAD, Inventor Software
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Up to 5% travel is required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website