1919 12th Street Williamstown New Jersey 08094
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
How you will contribute?
Valmont is currently seeking highly motivated and talented individuals for the General Shop Help position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual who may:
-Work in the racking department
- Prepare products and materials for the galvanizing process by hanging on spreader bars
- Stage tubular products
- Prepare small parts for galvanizing
- Hand wire small to medium–sized parts to racks for pickling or galvanizing
- Pull and place chains and ropes around steel bundles for racking
-Work in the kettle area
- Perform paddling functions to enhance the quality level of the galvanized products
- Use air guns to blow off zinc needles
- Use air or electric powered tools to help prepare steel for pickling or galvanizing
- Use hand-held remote control for kettle hoists
- Work safely, protecting self and others from accident and injury
-Work in the finishing department
- Move lightweight pieces of steel by hand from different locations in the plant and yard
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- Use air or elect to deburr galvanized products
- Use file to deburr galvanized products
- Stack materials for shipment
- Remove chains and wires and products from universal racks
What it takes:
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to accurately read a tape measure
- The ability to communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Six months of previous experience in a galvanizing position
- Six months of previous experience with hand tools and gauges including impact wrenches, air grinders, drills, taps, oxygen acetylene torches, and mill gauges
- Six months of previous experience operating a bridge crane
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.2023-03-01-08:00
Apply on company website