1919 12th Street Williamstown New Jersey 08094
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Kettle Operator position in the Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will inspect and prepare materials for the galvanizing process. Additionally, you will…
- Screen materials to be galvanized and report unsafe or inappropriate materials
- Train to operate the overhead bridge crane in a safe, secure, and productive manner
- Perform paddling functions to enhance the quality level of galvanized products
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
- Inspect and report any materials that are rusty, damaged, bent, missing welds, or improperly vented
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- The ability to add and subtract
- The ability to adequately communicate and understand verbal instructions
- A working knowledge of production hand tools and gauges
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to accurately read a tape measure
- The ability to be trained on venting, draining, and galvanizing of steel
- The ability to work in an environment with hazardous chemicals
- Previous experience with overhead cranes or the ability to be trained
- Previous experience with handling steel
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- One year of previous experience in a galvanizing or coatings environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to recognize hazardous substances and to know basic employee responsibilities for chemical safety
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.2022-11-01-07:00
Apply on company website