41 Wood St Estill South Carolina 29918
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
· Operate all equipment within the production cell, including spinner, saw, and fabrication and finishing equipment.
· Select the proper mold and set up as per production schedule
· Check resin gel times to ensure equipment is function properly
· Review shop drawing for accuracy, glass layout is correct, injection gun is set up
· Place the required amount and type of fiberglass inside the mold following standard procedures and print requirements
· Properly inject appropriate amount of resin per drawing and environmental conditions
· When pole has gel, prepare mold for pole extraction, inspect for defects and place in buggy
· Remove pole and hoist to cut and drill machine.
· Clean and prepare the mold for further molding processes, insuring that all debris have been removed.
· Cut and drill poles per shop drawing and customer requirements
· Finish pole including sanding per shop order
· Repair defects using prescribed mixtures and methods
· Properly label poles and place in designated area
· Keep containers containing chemicals labeled and covered at all times in accordance with EPA and fire prevention standards
· Keep work area and molding equipment clean, emptying all trash, putting away all tools, etc. in their proper location at the end of the shift
· Regularly inspect parts for quality at prescribed intervals per written and verbal guidelines using samples and various measuring instruments
· Troubleshoot and correct various operational and quality problems
· Detect and report defective material, improper equipment operation and unusual conditions to supervisor
· Follow all standard and/or prescribed safety and operating procedures
· Train and assist in development of less experience personnel
· Other duties as assigned
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Be proficient with the use of hand tools and a tape measurer
· Be able to understand order prints and follow production schedule
· Basic math skills up to and including the use of fractions, percentages
· Must maintain supplies needed on a weekly basis
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time, use hand and arms to reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel and lift up to 60 lbs. without assistance
· Work with and around chemicals/solvents and work in hot and cold environments.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· High School diploma or GED
· Be able to read and follow written and oral directions
· Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Apply on company website