674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Plant Manager has full Profit/Loss (P/L) responsibility for the site and is also responsible for overseeing all operations at the site. This position reports directly to the Director of Concrete. The PM directs and coordinates activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits. The Plant Manager should be capable of handling all strategic development, planning, execution and tactical direction, marketing and sales, budgeting and capital utilization, business expansion and new construction. Manages through delegating authority to key functional area employees.
The PM is responsible for the operating performance, material control and manufacturing functions including the full range of activities and processes, employee safety, purchasing, production planning, scheduling, dispatching, receiving, shipping, logistics, material handling, inventory control, stores. Additionally, works with Quality Assurance, Operational Excellence, Legal Department and Engineering employees on a regular basis and is responsible for the site's overall quality and operational excellence as well as prioritizing site engineering tasks. The PM is responsible to ensure a lean manufacturing environment including standardized operating procedures, continuous improvements and delivery of improved business results.
The PM should ensure business unit goals are met by working with the Commercial Department establishing sales and manufacturing goals, standardizing procedures and practices and ensuring that department heads are accountable to achieve these results. PM should be able to Promote organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations. Demonstrate a commitment to the Valmont Safety Mission Statement and Corporate Safety's “Safety by Objectives (SBO's)” process by performing the following:
- Providing support and resources to complete 100% of the site SBO plan.
- Participating in quarterly review of SBO plan.
- Conducting annual safety performance review of site facilities and management team.
- Following Leader Standard Work including conducting site safety audits annually.
- Assuring the site management team completes annual supervisor safety performance evaluations and provides feedback to the supervisor team.
- Participating in quarterly safety/workers compensation claim reviews.
- Lead the site's effort to be the innovative market leader by driving unsurpassed services and applications into production to meet the needs and to exceed the expectations of the customer. Participate with the Commercial team in sales and customer contact and follow-up both proactively and as necessary.
- To lead the site's effort to be the innovative market leader by driving unsurpassed services and applications into production to meet the needs and to exceed the expectations of the customer. Participate with the Commercial team in sales and customer contact and follow-up both proactively and as necessary.
- Ensure the site's effective operations by monitoring results, comparing actual performance to established standards and taking appropriate action to mitigate or correct problem situations revealed through operating results including holding all employees to the established targets. Rolling out lean manufacturing principles, standard work, problem resolution strategies and basically engaging the workforce in day-to-day continuous improvement activities. Conduct continuous cost reduction programs throughout the organization and trains, either directly or indirectly, all employees to participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure the profitability of the site by directing and monitoring activities to achieve satisfactory operation and growth performance as measured in terms of return on investment, profit margins, manufacturing and labor costs and increased sales volume.
- Ensure the sound financial position of the site by overseeing or assisting the Site General Manager with the development of annual operating budgets of costs and expenses and collaborate in the development and presentation of strategic plans, long range plans and annual operating plans. Direct and coordinate promotion of services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position in industry. Work closely with the site Controller to ensure financial results and understand business drivers and how to leverage results.
- Ensure a safe working environment by overseeing and directing appropriate action on all matters related to personal health and safety of employees and of the environment so that all applicable regulations are met or exceeded. Also, ensure compliance with applicable safety and environmental regulation issued by local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Oversee physical condition of facility(ies) by working through Maintenance management and technicians to develop a systematic approach for an effective preventative maintenance and repairs program, or through the initiation of fixed capital requests when this action is economic.
- Develop and maintain human capital capable of achieving objectives through appropriate structuring, staffing, training/developing, appraising and rewarding. Develop key employee talents necessary to obtain short- and long-range goals by effective direction, counseling, and training and success planning. Work with Human Resources to develop an organizational structure which meets the needs of the organization and drives staffing/planning requirements.
- Involvement and authority in employee relations issues, by working closely with the Plant Manager and Human Resources, to take disciplinary action, including termination, as needed.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- The PM must seek to standardize/optimize operations and procedures, so that best practice operations are easily transferable to other Concrete sites, new acquisitions, spin-offs and organic growth. The incumbent is challenged to look for areas within the Division to improve revenues and efficiencies and transfer effective management practices that help meet Valmont business objectives, including the development of new applications, technological innovations and business expansion focus.
- The PM autonomously manages operations giving guidance and direction to all key functional area managers and supervisors in areas of staffing, asset and inventory management. The PM works with Sales to provide capacity constraint and pricing information. The PM supports the Director of Concrete with special projects or assignments, as requested.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors with 10+ years of relevant experience or Associates Degree with 12+ years relevant experience or 15+ years of relevant experience to the business.
- Must have seven to ten years of proven leadership performance (progressive positions of responsibility) in the direction of a multi-unit or multi-department organization with full Profit/Loss Leadership experience
- Ability to understand, oversee and give directions in financial analysis needed to evaluate potential business endeavors
- The incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; and the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- The incumbent must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw timely/valid conclusions. The incumbent must also have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The incumbent must have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and work well with others. The incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), Workday, Workforce and ADP. A good understanding of site accounting software and other programs as appropriate to the business is desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 15%, as needed is required
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- B.S. in Manufacturing, Business, Technology, or related field is preferred.
- Master's Degree
- Prior experience as a General Manager of a manufacturing facility
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The primary working conditions for this position is both office and production area environments. When in the production area, the incumbent must be able to walk on uneven terrain and spend most of the time standing. Incumbent will be exposed to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise and dust, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, hard hats and steel-toed shoes are required to be worn in these areas. When in office areas, the incumbent can expect to sit and use a personal computer or laptop. Finger, hand, wrist, shoulder dexterity is required. Occasionally, the PM may be asked to drive a company vehicle or his/her own vehicle in support of work. For this reason, a valid driver's license and adequate vision (corrected, if necessary), is required for driving purposes.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website