2045 Westgate Dr Carrollton Texas 75006-6478
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The South Central Regional Sales Manager maximizes profitability and sales within the assigned region. Reporting to the Valmont Telecom National Sales Manager - West, you will manage the promotion and sales of all Valmont Telecom products within their assigned area (South Central region) to include; develop, servicing, maintaining and expanding their sales accounts. The Regional Sales Manager reports results, performance information, and market information for the region. This is to be accomplished in a manner which increases the success of Valmont Telecom, and maximizes the assigned areas' total potential for product sales.
- Build relationships with multiple Valmont Telecom customers
- Manage all aspects of the customer's relationship including technical support, quoting, assisting in order logistics and account receivable collections
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer information
- Create new business and grow sales throughout the assigned territory
- Develop annual objectives with National Sales Manager-West
- Manage sales and distribution of products and services offered by our company, including promotion and market development within the region
- Identify potential products which would be of benefit within the assigned market
- Collaborate with organizational internal operations and team members to ensure we are providing a satisfactory customer experience for our clients
Other Important Details about the Role:
- You will travel up to 50% domestically, including overnight stays
- Develop proper human relationship skills to handle customer, vendor and team member situations (both internally and externally)
- Continued education on products and technical knowledge for proper application into the market
- Assist us in other regions and during special events by traveling outside the region
What it Takes:
- Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of two years' experience as a product or sales representative
- Technical experience of Microsoft products and other relevant software
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or relevant field
- Prior experience within the wireless infrastructure or industrial products arena
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their personal and family's overall wellness needs are met.
o Medical, dental and vision insurance
o Paid time off
o Employer paid life insurance
o Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
o Retirement plans
o Dependent care
o Employee assistance programs
o Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Because of the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most of the overnight domestic travel, which represents approximately 50% of the year, is within the assigned territory. Work is typically performed in an office or vehicle setting when traveling to meet with customer. You are required to sit and/or drive for extended periods of time and talk and listen on the phone in personal conversations. You are required to sit for extended periods of time, and talk, listen and participate in meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. You are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with several files and forms and while working on the computer. You are occasionally required to move about the office. You must use proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website