12015 Merritt Rd Grandview Missouri 64030
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is responsible for structural analysis and design of products to be quoted and fabricated by the Valmont Utility Division, Steel Group. Included in this is the full design responsibility for processing specific orders (including those projects requiring PE stamping) and major developmental projects, general design engineering support for drafting and sales, and providing guidance and training for Associate, Design and Project Engineers.
- This position reports into the Site Engineering Manager – Substation, and has no direct or indirect reports
- This role requires up to 10% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria and devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Provide general direction of Senior Design, Design, and/or Associate Drafters, and/or Engineers
- Interpretation of customer specifications and design and analysis of structures to meet those specifications, in combination with applicable national, technical society, and Valmont Utility codes and specifications
- Provide technical support on quotations and orders, routinely through telephone, email or in person
- Provide assistance to the Engineering Applications group (IMPAX and CATO program group) in the development and enhancement of design and analysis programs
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- B.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or an appropriate engineering field and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Registered Professional Engineer
- High level of technical competence in structural engineering
- Progressive developmental experience in a professional position
- Good working knowledge of computer-aided design
- Good understanding of the end use of the product and the nature of the design loads
- Good communication skills and fluent in English through written and oral communication
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Passport and visa
- An understanding of the fabrication and welding procedures and processes and quality assurance requirements and methods used by Valmont
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website