Associate Coding Specialist (Onsite Position)
Reviews, accurately assigns, and abstracts diagnostic and procedural codes to encounters using designated coding classification with some guidance.
- Organizes and prioritizes fundamental coding work to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and hospital targets.
- Assigns the most appropriate diagnosis and procedures to reflect the utilization of resources during the patient encounter.
- Recognizes documentation clarification opportunities to ensure it supports all codes and designation assignments. Initiates coding queries or tasks.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MEDICAL CODING (NOVICE):- The transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
CRITICAL THINKING (NOVICE):- The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
COMPLIANCE (NOVICE):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
- Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Must have one of the following Coding Certifications: RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CCS, COC, CPC-H, CCS-P
Additional Qualification Information:
- AAPC CPC, AHIMA CCS, AHIMA CCS-P, RHIT or RHIA certification required.
Apply on company website