Director of Strategic Creative Services (Design, Content, & Web Development)
Provide overall leadership for a unit or department by developing goals, objectives, policies and procedures; supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the activities; preparing operating and capital expenditure budgets; and performing personnel administration functions.
- Develop goals and objectives for the department based on interpretation of institutional policy and goals.
- Plan to achieve goals or establish priorities.
- Help department understand, share and support the vision
- Initiate changes in or develop new policies, procedures and/or methods.
- Analyze long-range impact of decisions and plans.
- Ensure the most effective operations of the department through program development, process improvement and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
- Design, implement, evaluate and market programs to maximize clinical outcomes, functional status, patient/customer satisfaction and reimbursement.
- Standardize services, processes, resources, and practice to improve efficiency.
- Supervision to include responsibility for planning, coordinating, and controlling the work and procedures; provide advice/consultation to staff regarding problems
- Adjust work schedules or project priorities to meet emergencies or changing conditions
- Participate on departmental and/or interdepartmental committees to address problems and facilitate information exchange about programs, problems, etc. Provide information to others (oral or written) to explain/clarify problems, issues or requests.
- Participate in periodic management meetings to keep top management informed of department problems and concerns
- Analyze and evaluate ongoing department programs to identify areas where adjustments/improvements are needed
- Develop staffing plans to ensure developmental objectives are being met.
- Define and achieve financial targets in support of business goals of the institution.
- Prepare an annual operating budget for a unit or department, including direct labor, material and supplies, services, equipment maintenance and replacement
- Present and justify a proposed budget (operating and capital expenditure) to a management review committee
- Evaluate organizational functions and structures to best determine the allocation and utilization of resources
- Analyze and evaluate budget variance to determine cause,
- Prepare justification or develop alternatives for cost containment/reduction
- Project future budgets based upon analysis of current operations.
- Create and exceed service standards utilizing key service dimension and from knowledge of patient/customer expectations and best practice.
- Establish service standards for the department and determine if service standards are compatible with financial targets.
- Ensure that the service standards are met or exceeded by utilizing customer satisfaction, best practices and market information to improve customer service and satisfaction.
- Create an organizational culture (both within and across departments) that provides a safe, satisfying and enriching environment for employees and provides a qualified, competent staff to meet patient needs.
- Provide leadership to promulgate the mission and the values of the institution to the department.
- Model behavior consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the enterprise through leading, coordinating projects, innovation, initiating improvement, and developing new programs.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that is facilitative and collaborative.
- Communicate within and across departments to maximize effectiveness, efficiently and information sharing.
- Ensures all Human Resource and VUMC policies and procedures are followed according to standards.
- Define the qualifications and performance expectations for all staff positions through the Performance Development system, including department specific job descriptions, measurable performance standards.
- Create an environment that encourages and supports self-development and learning for all staff through regular feedback, by assuring the development of staff through orientation, training programs, work experiences and assessing competencies by meeting the performance expectations stated in his or her job description in a timely manner (normally annually).
- Identify, establish and evaluate quality assurance standards, programs, and procedures within department.
- Establish and evaluate standards of performance to ensure safe, effective, and efficient operation of the department.
- Ensure that standards are met within area of responsibility to assure clinical enterprise accreditation/licensure.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 8 years experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Apply on company website