Research Nurse Specialist II (VICC)
· Under the guidance and supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Nurse Specialist II (RNS II) is responsible for assuring that the integrity and quality of the clinical research trial is maintained and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines and Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure.
· The RNS II plans and implements recruitment procedures for potential participants, manages enrollment of the trial from screening to randomization to study completion, ensures compliance with protocols and overall research and clinical objectives, manages study-related procedures as required by the protocol, maintains accurate and timely documentation and maintains communication with the sponsor.
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year experience
- Registered Nurse Required
· Day Shift/Exempt Position
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 49 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Apply on company website