We are looking for a Background Investigator at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Westlake, TX.
Monday - Friday - 40 hrs per week
Hourly Rate is $17 per hour
The Background Investigation position helps reduce their overall risk to Fidelity Investments by properly vetting new hire applicants interested in working for or being placed at Fidelity. This position reviews and scores background findings and delivers those findings to the staffing and/or business unit management who will consider findings when making a hiring.
- Gather information required to complete background investigation. Work with Veritude, Talent Acquisition and/or the candidate/employee directly to supply information needed to complete the background investigation.
- Verify the accuracy of the candidate/employee background information using the telephone and various internet sites and databases. Contact institutions such as Universities, Corporations and Courts to obtain information necessary to complete background investigation.
- Compile and analyze information verified or provided by the candidate/employee, making a decision and/or recommendation on how to classify the candidate/employee according to background investigation policies and procedures. Consult with Senior Management, Legal, HR Solutions, Veritude and/or Talent Acquisition on decisions. Escalate decisions as necessary.
- Prepare detailed investigative reports that are factual, timely, well written and logical. Use internal database to document conversations and actions taken.
- Communicate results of investigation in a timely manner to Senior Management, Talent Acquisition, HR Solutions, Regional Security Offices, and/or business units.
- Effectively manage and prioritize individual case load according to criminal sensitivity, age of case, type of investigation etc. to ensure that cases are completed within 10 day standard.
- Meet department quality and productivity goals.
- Maintain a familiarity and understanding of existing and proposed legal/human resources related issues that could affect the background investigation process.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all investigative information in accordance with the disclosure requirements of Fidelity and/or the department.
Apply on company website