We are looking for an ETL Software Engineer to work at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in our Durham, NC office.
Our ETL developer has a combination of technical skills, communication skills and business knowledge.
You will work on multiple medium to large projects. You will Design, develop, test and implement data integration solutions, support and monitor existing ETL processes. The primary expertise is in Informatica, Oracle pl/sql, UNIX, Control-m (or any other scheduling tool), Axway.
You will have excellent technical skills (PL/SQL, Oracle, Informatica, Hadoop, PL/SQL, UNIX scripting, Data Analysis, relational/dimensional modeling) and will be able to take oral and written business requirements and develop efficient code to meet deliverables.
- Participate in the development, enhancement and maintenance of database applications both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Leading in the identification, isolation, resolution and communication of problems within the production environment.
- Designing, building, and maintaining the BI Reporting Platform (both internal and external/client facing applications) by closely working with Analysts
- Leading developers and applying skills in UNIX commands and shell scripting, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Informatica, Sqoop, SparkSQL and data modeling.
- Design dynamic processing through PLSQL for projects and also able to create SQL database packages and procedures
- Designing high performing batch programs and adhering to standards and best-practices for development.
- Performs independent functional and technical analysis for major projects supporting several corporate initiatives
- Communicate and Work with IT partners and user community with various levels from Sr Management to detailed developer to business SME for project definition
- Works on multiple platforms and multiple projects concurrently
- Performs code and unit testing for complex scope modules, and projects
- Important: Must participate in rotating production support activities
- A minimum of 6 years of technical professional experience.
- At least eight or more years of experience with Oracle database development.
- At least 5 or more years of PL/SQL programming skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the following areas –
- UNIX Shell Scripting
- Informatica ETL
- Comprehensive experience with database systems and related software
- Experience with Control M (or similar job scheduling AutoSys)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience reading and interpreting physical data models
- Solid knowledge of DBMS optimizer and performance tuning techniques
- More than 5 years of experience translating requirement documents into DBMS language
- Experience with regression testing and stored procedure development
- Good communications skills with the ability to articulate clearly with peers and colleagues
- Experience working with off-shore environments and Financial Services will be a plus.
- Must have a flexible attitude and be able to comfortably accommodate change.
- Excellent problem solver, able to assimilate information quickly.
Apply on company website