Veritude is hiring a Front End Developer to work onsite in Westlake, Texas at Fidelity Investments.
The Fidelity Technology Team requires a Software Engineer with 7-10 years of Java and UI experience. The Technology Group is responsible for delivering top quality scalable systems solutions for the Asset Management business functions within Fidelity Investments. The technologies employed include the source fund accounting, pricing, tax and data exchange platforms. The Technology Platform consists of Mainframe and Distributed Architecture as well as multiple interfaces both internal and external to the group. The ideal candidate possesses experience in the full software development lifecycle and specific demonstrated success in the design, development and development integration testing phases.
The software engineer will contribute to the development and implementation of critical Java and UI components required to complete the Fund Billing initiatives. The Fund Billing initiatives are comprised of the following components: building centralized reference data stores, implementing orchestration and workflow to manage the billing business processes, developing a data integration layer for consuming applications, and developing user interfaces for data entry, exception management and maintenance. Within the Fund Billing initiatives, this successful candidate will build Java based components throughout the end to end solution.
- Work within an Architecture Development Team and collaborate with business partners to deliver Java software application solutions and systems changes
- Participate in the definition of both functional and non-functional requirements of a system and define the development strategy, standards and support tools.
- Write source code, adapt existing components, and test the developed components as units
- Creating test stubs and test data as necessary
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for development including change management, release management, & source code control.
- Able to work under technical leadership/guidance and leverages best practices in design and development from tech leads
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the products and business domain
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with the internal team, business partners, architecture, and external teams
- Responsible for migrating code deliverables and technical solutions through the development, test and production environments.
- Actively participate in backlog grooming, planning sessions, daily scrums, retrospectives, and any other team meetings
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent training and experience.
- 6+ years total years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE development in an enterprise level environment
- 3+ years of Web UI development experience with Angular framework and Typescript.
- Extensive with single-page application design and implementation.
- Ability to create new UI screens from wireframe UX designs.
- Experience with responsive design and optimizing html for desktop and mobile devices.
- Extensive experience with cross-browser development and support (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, mobile browsers).
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors (SASS or LESS or Stylus)
- Experience writing reusable UI Components.
- Strong back-end experience with JAVA Restful API supporting Front end systems driven by Angular.
- Experience with Git in a feature branch environment using peer code review and CI/CD.
- Experience writing unit and integration testing using, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor.
- 3+ years working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment and using JIRA
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools such as Jenkins, or Concourse
- Tools experience: Jenkins, Jira, PMD, Checkstyle, Sonar, Crucible
- Testing experience: jUnit, Mockit, FitNesse, Veracode, Jasmine, Karma
- Familiarity with 3-tier, MVC design patterns
- Understanding of authentication/authorization frameworks and practices like OAuth 2.0 and SSO
Soft Skills & Knowledge
- Experience working in financial services industry is preferred
- Excellent problem analysis and creative solution-building skills
- Proven customer and relationship management experience
- Develop and maintain strong healthy relationships within the team and our external partners
- Accountability – Works with minimal direction
- Communication Skills - Strong communication skills (listening, verbal, written, and presentation)
- Strong technical, teamwork and partnering skills
- Self-Started/ Motivated – Ability and desire to take initiative
- Problem Solving
- Solve issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience, and judgment
- Select and act on a course of action which balances business and technical needs
- Flexibility/ Adaptability - Ability to quickly learn, adapt, and change to meet the needs of a changing environment
- Collaboration - Cultivates networks with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website