Veritude is hiring for a Senior UX Designer at Fidelity Investments in Boston, MA
Serve as a member of the User Experience Design team, which is responsible for designing Fidelity Investments' award-winning websites, mobile applications and internal workstations. Our team of elite user experience professionals works collaboratively with business and technology teams to design and deliver online experiences that enable our customers' financial success. Will be responsible for defining site/application structures and creating site maps, wireframes and user flow charts.
The User Experience Designer is responsible for creating the interaction design for Fidelity applications. He/She translates the user requirements and product features into useful and desirable interaction model. He/She works closely with product managers, project managers, analysts, and developers to craft the interactions and visual elements. This person will also be responsible for creating deliverables such as information architecture, UI Wireframes, visual designs, demos, and prototypes.
You'll need to understand the needs of the investment professional, as well as the needs of their clients, so that you can design great user experiences into the web-based and mobile applications that will enable them to grow their businesses
The Skills You Bring
- You are creative, imaginative, and talented with an online portfolio to showcase your work
- You bring a strong, work ethic and a collaborative spirit and a sense of humor to the job
- Your passion and knowledge about design, interaction design and user research shines through
- Your detail-orientation and organizational skills enable you to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- You are a critical-thinking problem solver who loves a creative challenge
- You understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors
- You have hands-on design skills in sketching, wireframes, persona development and visual design.
- Your skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc), Sketch and image creation is a plus
- You are familiar with HTML and CSS and with the basics in HTML5
- You have a desire to create and execute persuasive and innovative design solutions
- Your ability to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design- build cycles
- Provide a great customer experience and assist in guiding a cross-functional team toward a standard of excellence.
- Collaborate with a team of information architects, visual designers, editors, prototypers, researchers and usability specialists to tackle complex projects of varying size.
- Serve as the client's primary point of contact with the design team and the overall User Experience design process.
- Ensure design team efforts are in sync with the client's business goals, expectations and budget.
- Develop and/or participate in the development of user personas and scenarios.
- Conduct comparative/competitive analyses of web functions or online behaviors
- Create and document site/application information and interaction designs, including rich internet application behaviors
- Define site/application structures and create site maps, wireframes and user flow charts.
- Work closely with our usability team to test and refine designs and prototypes.
- Partner with our development team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
Education and Experience
- 6-9 years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, experience designer or a similar role
- Degree in a related field, such as Interactive Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or Human Factors a plus
- Experience designing highly transactional websites or web-based applications
- Familiarity with large, transaction-oriented websites
- Familiarity with financial services and education
Skills and Knowledge
- Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into deliverable tasks
- Strong knowledge of interaction design and methodology
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics to inform design decisions
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize design issues based on their impact to the user experience and advocate for changes based on that priority
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the value and rationale of design decisions to business and technology partners
- Self-directed with highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of user research and user centered design
- Hands-on design skills in wireframes, persona development and visual design
- Experience with rich internet application design a plus, specifically in Flex
- Experience with both traditional solution delivery methodologies, and with rapid, iterative solution delivery methods, such as Agile, a plus
- Experience with participatory design (e.g. Design Thinking) a plus
Apply on company website