Veritude is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for Fidelity Investments located in Westlake, TX
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with background in engineering/developing web enabled applications. Part of agile scrum team focused on delivering services in support of broader technology roadmap.
FERM Technology, a division within CTG (Corporate Technology Group), is responsible for the IT products supporting key enterprise functions within Fidelity. This position will be part of the Employee Compliance product team servicing the Corporate Compliance business unit and be responsible for developing software applications to ensure Fidelity Investments' compliance with SEC and FINRA regulations pertaining to employee code of ethics.
The Expertise You Have
- 8-12 years of experience working in software development
- 5+ years developing, deploying and maintaining high volume production web applications and/or web API services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience or certification in Cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) Architecture preferred.
- Desire/ability to learn and implement new technologies.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Background with multiple enterprise technologies
The Skills You Bring
- Expert knowledge coding languages such as Java, Python, or Node.js
- Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs, cloud computing APIs (AWS preferred) and integration with ESBs
- Hands on experience of Relational (Oracle, MySQL, Aurora), NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable, Redis), or Big Data storage solutions
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing
- Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like EC2, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, and RDS preferred)
- Experience in emerging platform-as-a-service/distributed application frameworks such as Cloud Foundry, Spring, ElasticBeanstalk and Docker
- Experience with microservices pattern & SOA methodology.
- Heightened awareness, experience or passion in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with ability to handle multiple deliverables
The Value You Deliver
- Work with our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run.
- Design and develop microservices and REST APIs for web and mobile applications
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Responsible for driving compliance with established software development lifecycle and release process (CI/CD, test automation, etc)
- Understand business and non-functional requirements in order to design business and technical services (capabilities)
- Decompose business services to identify reusable core technology services using micro-services and API design patterns (REST), SpringBoot and security frameworks.
- Document and communicate target state and assumptions to various stakeholders
- Create technical strategy and roadmap to execute target state
- Collaborate with stake holders, both onshore & offshore, across the IT organization and business as needed
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website