The Purpose of Your Role
Our teams build and modernize Mainframe back end capabilities that support Fidelity's large scale digital presence.
You will have the opportunity to share your technical knowledge to help strengthen our engineering community and further pursue your own learning of modernizing mainframe platform. We're looking for software engineers that enjoy a collaborative environment and have a passion for releasing high quality software through iterative software development practices.
- You will help us design and develop re-usable Mainframe applications that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality and deployment practices.
- You'll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, cross-functional team.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Strong programming skills with digital mindset, and fluent Mainframe technology components including COBOL, DB2, VSAM, CICS and API Services development..
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. We believe in applying the right technology depending on the challenge, and are always exploring new technologies to continually provide value to our customers.
- Ability to blend development with testing by participating in quality efforts. We consider software quality is ensured through prevention rather than detection
The Skills You Bring
- Strong working experience in CICS, DB2 , VSAM , COBOL and JCL
- Exposure to JAVA / J2EE, and web service application development
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization globally.
- Strong team player and able to mentor junior team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or any equivalent degree with computer science background.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Apply on company website