Veritude is seeking a Full Stack Engineer for Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Durham, NC.
You are passionate about understanding users' needs and solving them creatively. You are highly motivated and love working on complex problems. You are a skilled full-stack developer with strong design, development, collaboration and influencing skills. You have a love for technology challenges and helping teams deliver business critical items.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for delivering innovative products and services, a career in Asset Management Technology may be right for you!
The Expertise We're Looking For
• BS or higher education in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Full stack developer with hands-on experience building all components of scalable enterprise applications
• Java/Scala middle tier service development with strong API design skills
• Front end web development using responsive frameworks like Angular/Reactjs
• Experience with relational database development (Oracle preferred)
• Exposure to native mobile application development across any mobile OS platform is a plus
• Exposure to machine learning techniques, recommender systems, search engines (Solr or Elastic) and/or text analytics is a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
You will be a part of the Engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting applications that help our Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts around the globe make good investment decisions. The full stack developer is a hands-on role with responsibility for design, development and solving key technical challenges across both the front-end and middle tier parts of the application.
The team you will be working with is highly passionate about solving problems faced by PMs/Analysts and evolving our software development process to incorporate the newest technologies and practices. We are moving towards true continuous delivery using modern tools like Angular, Redux, responsive CSS frameworks, AWS, Solr, and others.
The Skills You Bring
• You have strong technical design, development and analysis skills
• You have the ability to quickly acquire new skills
• You have strong problem solving ability
• You have excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
• You have the desire to take the initiative, with a view to continually making our product, processes and team better
• You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
The Value You Deliver
• Designing, building and helping to support mission critical applications that meet business needs
• Defining product solutions by working directly with business and product teams
• Actively promoting good engineering practices and standards
• Navigating new technologies like text analytics, machine learning, cloud-based applications, etc. to help deliver high value to our business
• Keeping abreast of the latest engineering trends and practices and bringing them back to the team when appropriate
• Spearheading solving of critical problems and resolving technical roadblocks across technologies
• Leading and providing mentorship and guidance to the engineering team
• Improving our craft of software engineering – developing multiple masters on the team
Apply on company website