Veritude is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Boston, MA.
Strategic Advisors Technology (SAT) is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who not only cares about what you produce but how you produce it. We are looking for individuals who continually strive to advance engineering excellence and technology innovation.
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
The Expertise You Have
- Knack for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with middleware Java stack, messaging technologies and web containers
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Passionate about engineering excellence with a strong understanding of object-orientated programming.
- Familiarity with portfolio optimization techniques, quantitative methods, and alpha and risk model analysis is a plus.
The Skills You Bring
- You can write thin client and service layer code with equal proficiency, quality and passion
- You can deliver maintainable, extensible, reusable and performant solutions
- You understand how to operate in an Agile environment and understand how to deliver using an Acceptance Test-Driven development (ATDD) approach
- You identify bottlenecks and bugs, and work to solve them
- You are committed to collaborative problem solving and communication
- You know legacy monolithic architecture and how to convert to a micro service based architecture.
The Value You Deliver
- You will lead design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program's strategic direction
- You will lead application design efforts and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- You will fully engage in product quality plan efforts, including test case development, design and code reviews and regression testing
- You will contribute to enhancing engineering practice in the areas of ATDD and CI/CD
- You will engage in working with global team of developers in leading best practices for software engineering
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and valueour associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website