We are looking for a Software Engineer on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position will be located in Boston, MA.
Our team is looking for a Senior / Principal Software Engineer to act as a lead and spearhead efforts to build a data science platform used to model financial data. The first release occurred earlier this year and there will be major enhancements and features added throughout the year and beyond.
- Lead the design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program's strategic direction
- Lead application design efforts, participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Engage in product quality plan efforts, including test case development, design and code reviews and regression testing.
- Write service layer code with proficiency, quality and clarity.
- Deliver maintainable, extensible, reusable and performant solutions
- Understand how to operate in an Agile environment and understand how to deliver using an Acceptance Test-Driven development (ATDD) approach
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and work to solve them
- Committed to collaboration and communication in your work
- Know legacy monolithic architecture and how to convert to a micro service-based architecture.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or master's degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Software) required
- 10+ years' experience with front-end development and responsive web design
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Sass
- Familiarity with NodeJS.
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
- Strong understanding of web application security (e.g. XSS, CSRF, CORS)
- Strong understanding of web application performance
Apply on company website