What does a Customer Service Advisor do?
A Customer Service Advisor greets the customers as they drive onto the lot, presenting oil change options and additional services based on manufacturer recommendations. Their goal is to create repeat customers by presenting services in a way that results in trust and sales. Customer Service Advisors also provide under the hood services as needed.What does it take to be a Customer Service Advisor?
You need to be able to:
- Enjoy face-to-face interaction with the public
- Work in varying temperature conditions
- Work quickly
- Evaluate customers' needs
- Master products, services, and company knowledge
- Work on your feet for extended periods of time
You need to know:
Working closely with a Customer Service Advisor Trainer, we teach you everything you need to know through our 30 to 45 day on-the-job training program.
Apply on company website