Clinical Applications Manager (Epic)
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Clinical Applications Manager provides leadership to the ongoing development and implementation of the enterprise-wide, integrated electronic health record platform that supports our Inpatient Clinical Systems across all communitites that Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) serves. Leads the implementation of Epic Inpatient Clinical Systems including but not limitied to: ASAP Emergency Department, Care Everywhere, Nurse Triage, Stork L&D, Williow Inpatient Pharmacy, and EpicCare Inpatient (ICU, Rover, MyChart Bedside, Clinical Case Management, CPOE, EHR, Med Admin Record, and Infection Control). Oversees the replacement of all inpatient clinical applications (including associated 3rd party applications).
The Clinical Applications Manager will be accountable for the success of the inpatient clinical systems implementation and the operations and sunset of legacy systems; manages all vendors. Partners with Clinical and Business Units to ensure that application development and deployment is performed in an efficient, cost effective and technically sound manner while meeting the needs and goals of the organization. Builds and directs the Clinical Applications Team and provides guidance to the project team through the design, build, implementation, and maintenance phases of the replacement program. Ensures a common vision, plan and goal are maintained across all areas of the project. This position requires regular on-call availability.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Computer Science or in a Related Field required
- Master's Degree in a Related Field preferred
- Three years of management information systems experience preferred
- Two years of applications experience required
- Two years of clinical experience and implementing Epic Solutions preferred
- RN-BC in Nursing Informatics preferred
- CPHIMS Certification preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Review information technology opportunities on a formal, proactive basis to determine applicability to the organization; recommends appropriate new technologies for inclusion in IS's annual strategic and tactical planning process.
- Prepares and reviews with the Director of Clinical Informatics monthly reports of the Application Team's project activity (plan-to-actual timeframes and expenses), status and performance of problem/change management activities, and resource expenditures by functional area.
- Assist with coordinating projects for systems installation, including needs evaluation, analysis of hardware and software requirements, identification and selection of vendors, definition of training requirements, installation (as needed) of application systems and maintenance of system;providing guidance to other hospital staff in managing similar projects.
- Identifies critical data to be protects from loss and ensures that procedures are defined and implemented to protect it (i.e., disaster recovery planning); establishes contingency plans for applications; reviews and updates speicfic recovery procedures for applications.
- Identifying potential areas for improvement in Clinical functions using advanced technology; assist with the preparation of assigned sections of Department budget requests.
Apply on company website