Cross Sectional Manager CT/MRI
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Cross Sectional Manager CT/MRI is responsible for the supervision of the MRI & CT department's day-to-day operational needs, staffing, schedules, customer satisfaction, change management, process & quality improvement, hiring, on-boarding, & training, couching, career development, appraisals and disciplinary actions, performance improvement initiatives and budgeting.
Acts as a clinical, technical, and operational resource. Performs all of the duties and adheres to the standards of a MRI & CT Technologist with proficiency. Serves as a clinical expert and resource utilizing various diagnostic imaging equipment and PACS.
Monitors and organizes department resources to maximize productivity and ensure optimal patient outcomes. Serves as liaison between staff, Radiologist, and physicians. Evaluates the care and testing delivered and intervenes appropriately to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
May participate in the development of departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct reasonability for adhering to those goals. Ensures that the productivity and actions of the group meets and supports the overall goals of the department as established by department and hospital leadership. Accountable for successful achievement of Imaging department goals. Available after hours as a resource. Administrative call may be required.
- Supervise technical CT and MRI services for maintaining prescribed standards of diagnostic radiographs and clerical work.
- Be knowledgeable of requirements in the handling of Hazardous Materials, and be familiar with the MSDS manual its location and contents.
- Provide effective supervision when working other shifts. Work in conjunction with other department supervisors in the best interest of patient care.
- Responsible for all safety regulations in assigned areas of supervision.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Chief Radiographer and Department Administrator.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or licensed by the State of Virginia.
- ARRT Certification in MRI is required
- ARRT Certification in CT is required
- American Heart Association BLS CPR Certification required
- Two years of experience in MRI and CT required
- Two years of experience in a JCAHO approved Critical Care Facility.
- Two years of Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability required
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
Apply on company website