ER Patient Access Specialist
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The ER Patient Access Specialist is responsible for addressing public needs and managing the dissemination of resources to meet patient needs. He / She is also responsible for registration of patients who need medical attention. Maintaining medical records, receiving incoming calls and processing of paperwork.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in the healthcare field preferred
- Monitors the waiting area and addresses any complaints/concerns expressed by patients, family members or visitors.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of complaints/concerns that require their attention.
- Obtains accurate information from patients for registration, which includes correct name and address, phone number, insurance information, employment and signatures needed for processing. All essential information is entered into the computer. Identification and insurance cards are photocopied and attached to the chart. All charts are signed for consent and initialed for correct address.
- Assists the Doctors and nurses in finding information as needed.
- Assists patients with general information such as fees and resource personnel by referring them to the social worker and/or Financial Assistance for application for Medicaid.
Apply on company website