Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Unit Secretary (US) is responsible for performing a variety of receptionist and clerical duties relating to the updating and organizing of information and supplies on the nursing units, coordinating work within the unit as well as with other units and departments, reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor, respond to inquiries and requests from staff patients and visitors and supporting patient care delivery. This position has frontline responsibility for handling customer service interactions through telephone and personal contact and facilitating unit efficiency.
Where appropriate, this employee will answer phones, schedule appointments, call physicians' offices as requested and accurately provide information to affiliated providers.
This position has no responsibility for the assessment, treatment, or care of patients. However, the ability to communicate and interact with patients/public/staff of all ages is required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient rights.
- Serves as advocate for patient and families.
- Advocates for unit needs. Consistently works well with all members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship among healthcare team by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Supports patient care by escorting patients/families to rooms, arranging transportation, and other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates the movement of the patient through the system (Scheduling / Admission / Discharge / Transfers, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year computer knowledge and skills to include typing and date entry required.
- Secretarial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
Apply on company website