Medical Assistant - PRN
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients & We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
TheMedical Assistant will assist VPA Physician in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares daily route and drives Physician to scheduled visits
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment
- Takes vital signs, perform phlebotomy (venipuncture only) as ordered by Physician
- Labels, stores and properly packages specimens for delivery to lab
- Logs patient information for accurate processing and testing
- Logs information in compliance with CLIA standards
- Performs all clinical duties while observing OSHA and HIPAA requirements. Assists Physician in preparing for minor surgeries and examinations
- Aids in communication and form signing with patient/caregivers
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment (supply inventory, medical bag and car)
- Manages company vehicle with regard to cleaning and proper periodic maintenance schedule
- Manages gas receipts and mileage
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Active CPR Certification
- Certificate of Completion from an accredited Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, related medical education/training program or 3 years of experience serving as a Medical Assistant
- Must maintain a valid Drivers License and good driving record
- High School Diploma/GED
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Six months experience in patient care, preferably geriatric care
- Strong Phlebotomy skills
Apply on company website