U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients & We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Nurse Practitioner delivers primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting, within the scope of practice for a Nurse Practitioner, as delegated by the collaborative Physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees performance of assigned Medical Assistant
- Takes history, examines, determines diagnoses and treats scheduled patients
- Provides written documentation of patient visit, per NCQA standards
- Takes patient vital signs, as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to obtain
- Performs phlebotomy (Venipuncture only), as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to complete draw. Performs injections and/or immunizations. May perform ECG, Holter and/or Pulse Oximetry occasionally
- Instructs patients/caregivers on proper medication and treatment regimens
- Performs minor surgeries as necessary, limited to I&D, removal of foreign body, suture removal, minor lacerations, minor aspiration
- Works with Patient Care Coordinator to assure orders and referrals are properly/timely placed
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers and vendors as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment
- Performs all clinical duties while observing OSHA Universal Precautions
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates in committees, as requested
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations
- Performs related work as required
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Active CPR Certification
- Licensed as a NP in the State where VPA office located
- BLS certified
- Federal DEA License/eligibility
- Geriatric training/experience preferred
Apply on company website