We are Vistaprint, a member of the Cimpress family (NASDAQ: CMPR), the world leader for mass-customized marketing products, serving almost 20 million small and medium sized businesses locally in 20+ countries. Working across the globe in a truly international team, we are shaping the digital revolution in printing and mass customization. Over the past 25 years, we grew from startup to $2.75 billion in annual revenue and are confident that we still have a huge, multi-year growth opportunity ahead of us. Our confidence is driven by two primary factors: firstly, ~80% of the market segment for small businesses' marketing materials is still served through traditional offline channels, often lacking the convenience and cost advantages from greater scale that we can offer our customers. Secondly, there is a significant opportunity to accelerate our activity in adjacent product segments such as packaging, apparel, signage, or corporate line of business accounts. We are a profitable business with an entrepreneurial mindset, and throughout our history we have proven our commitment to investing for long-term horizons. Since our inception, Vistaprint has sought to disrupt our market and to build a transformational and enduring business. Over the past 20 years, we' have reinvented ourselves frequently in service of this mission. Change is in our DNA.
It is an exciting time to join Vistaprint as our founder and CEO, Robert Keane, recently returned to lead Vistaprint as CEO and there is a new executive team in place. Together with all employees, we are renewing the company's focus on delighting customers, fostering an entrepreneurial culture and accelerating our world-class capabilities. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. Vistaprint's vision of helping small business owners live their dreams is exciting and inspirational. In order to capitalize on our opportunity, we have embarked on a transformation journey to deliver “jaw-dropping customer value”. This transformation journey will lead us to achieve world-class technology, services, and innovation, and create an environment where our team members are inspired and enabled to do their best work. In order to support this goal, we executed several changes, some of them still ongoing:
- We are implementing an organizational structure of “single-threaded ownership” and accountability that empowers the General Managers of lines of business (“LOB GMs”). The Senior Director, General Manager, Packaging & Long Tail is one such recently empowered role. Central platform teams have been aligned and are motivated by the vision of “inverting control” to the LOB GMs.
- We have made major multi-year investments in a cloud-based, service-oriented and data-rich technology platform. The new platform has already launched in one country and will be rolled out across Europe during 2020, unlocking significant capability and hence, opportunity for growth.
- We also made major investments in our capabilities to serve our customers' graphic design needs remotely at service and cost levels that are radically more competitive than traditional alternatives (“design as a disruptor”).
- We are working on a brand re-launch that will occur over the course of 2020.
In support of this transformation, we are hiring for a newly created Senior Director, General Manager, Packaging & Long Tail who will own and manage the P&L from top line revenue to free cash flow with the overarching goals of (i) developing a “jaw-dropping” customer experience based upon a deep understanding of the local customer and market and (ii) growing a strongly profitable business for the long term.
The General Manager will be responsible for defining and managing through objectives and key results the market strategy for Packaging & Long Tail. The GM will deliver this through leveraging Vistaprint and Cimpress global platforms and capabilities, building a highly impactful team and partnering cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
Within Vistaprint's global guardrails, and leveraging Vistaprint's and Cimpress' global platforms, the GM will define what is best for customer and financial success in the LOB. The GM will then set, prioritize and execute objectives and key results that define what uses and emphasis of Vistaprint's global capabilities will achieve that line of business-specific strategy, both in partnership with other Vistaprint teams and directly in your LOB. As the LOB GM for Packaging & Long Tail this leader will directly control:
- P&L including all investment budgets
- Go-to-market strategy
- Execution excellence across all customer experience touchpoints
- Assortment and product, including direct management for products fulfilled from outside of the Vistaprint/Cimpress family
- Customer needs analysis and competitive intelligence
- CRM, segmentation and personalization
- Site flow on web and mobile
- Pricing, discounting, promotionally
- Merchandising creative content
- Public relations, social media, influencers
- Content and creative
The GM will be closely interacting and influencing partner teams such as Channel Marketing (Brand and Performance), Customer service, Manufacturing and Product, Customer research, Creative and Technology.
- 7+ years of experience in a management role with direct people leadership
- 2+ years of experience owning and managing a full P&L
- Functional knowledge in marketing, additionally in any functions, (acquisition, retention, engagement strategies; go-to-market plan; marketing ROI)
- Additionally, direct leadership in two of the following functional areas: Marketing, Selection/Product, Customer Care, Technology, Supply Chain/Ops or Delivery Experience
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Apply on company website