When you're the best, we're the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will be a lead strategic sourcing resource, dedicated to delivering best-in-class contracting strategies and expertise that result in supply chain cost reductions. You will accomplish this by contributing to all aspects of supply chain strategic sourcing processes including opportunity identification, strategy building, contract development, negotiations, communications, documentation, and implementation. You will develop a customer-specific contract strategy to reduce spending and craft savings solutions, improve operational efficiencies, maximize delivered value and ultimately achieve a higher level of member satisfaction by becoming a trusted adviser. You will achieve these results and trusted advisor status through the development of key interpersonal relationships with members and suppliers. Your initial assignment will be as part of the Centralized Sourcing Team supporting multiple Vizient engagements.
- Develop project plans that engage others as appropriate to meet savings goals and business objectives through a variety of contracting strategies. Will evaluate client spend data to prioritize implementation of contracts based on the highest savings opportunities and present a plan of priority to engagements.
- Conduct and interpret financial analysis, market trends, and consult with subject matter experts to formulate contract strategy recommendations. Conduct ongoing price monitoring and contract maintenance utilizing Vizient benchmarking tools to review existing agreement market relevance and pricing for negotiations.
- Work with engagements and teammates to identify new savings and contracting opportunities. Identify gaps in the contracting portfolio to ensure the realization of engagement value. Present savings initiatives and conduct contracting updates at engagement meetings.
- Create strong relationships with suppliers, and internal and external customers across all product and service lines. Conduct the bid process and generate Request for Proposals (RFP's). Based on customer input work with suppliers on specific terms and conditions and pricing to achieve market-relevant value.
- Relevant degree preferred. MBA or Master's Degree a plus.
- 2 or more years' relevant experience working in a contracting, contract management, or supply chain-related role is required.
- Ability to effectively present information in a summary fashion utilizing Microsoft tools required.
- Health care contracting background with experience in successful contract negotiations preferred.
- Must possess strong relationship-building and strategic partnering skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Estimated Hiring Range:$75,100.00 - $111,700.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website