The Corporate Communications Sr. Specialist will be responsible for providing consultative and administrative communications services and programs to educate, engage, inspire and reward colleagues in support of VW Credit, Inc. (VCI) corporate culture and goals. This includes creating and delivering consistent, timely, accurate, and internally branded communications required to support colleague and leader success at each stage of the talent management life cycle. Establish and follow Standard Operating Procedures for all internal communications channels and programs to ensure structure, consistency, review, and desired outcomes.Role Responsibilities:
(70%) Internal and Corporate Communications Strategic Development
- Collaborate with VCI Colleagues throughout the organization (four primary locations in Herndon, VA, Auburn Hills, MI, Libertyville, IL and Portland, OR along with field operations) to develop compelling messaging in multiple formats including print, internal web, and digital communications
- Act as a resource to VCI on a wide variety of areas including but not limited to researching, analyzing, and making recommendations on overall communications strategy for VCI programs
- Lead change management communications strategy for rapidly evolving Digital, IT, and Servicing Operations departments
- Write letters, speeches, talking points or briefs for VCI Senior Management
- Serve as a primary point of contact and communications counsel for VCI departments, including: Corporate Strategy, Sales Operations, Digital, Marketing, Servicing Operations.
- Identify and build relationships with media platforms to begin coverage of VCI and key topics involving VCI.
- Responsible for ongoing day-to-day VCI communications activities and strategy for a variety of employee programs, including but not limited to rewards and recognition, events, and wellness
- Collaborate with Audi brand, VW brand and VW Group communications teams to coordinate activities.
- Develop detailed project plans to guide execution and identify key milestones to meet deadlines and internal client requirements.
- Evaluate effectiveness of various communication vehicles using measurement tools such as online monitoring, surveys, etc.
- Design and edit VCI communications to ensure that documents and presentations are correctly branded, professionally written and error-free
- Manage planning and implementation of projects/activities/events through development of SOP's (standard operating procedures)
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
(20%) Events Management Coordination
- Collaborate with Managers on employee town-halls, field meetings, all-hands meetings. Production of materials, coordination of agenda, speakers, budgets,
- Collaborate with Corporate Travel & Meetings team on location search, RFP processes.
- Oversee and serve as point-of-contact for branded collateral across all VCI brands
Experience: Required –
- 10 years of experience
- Preferably in related field - Communications, PR, Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or an associated area (Arts & Sciences)
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of business practices and needs
- Strategic communication planning and execution
- Experience advising senior leadership
- Deep understanding of social technologies and practices
- Extensive media relationships and robust media skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Outstanding communications review and editing abilities, following AP or Chicago Manual of Style
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Executive-facing presentations; must demonstrate leadership and management ability with colleagues across the company
- Ability to research, analyze, and recommend best practices in the field of internal communications and employee engagement
Specialized Skills:Required –
- Wordpress CMS Administration
- Journalistic writing skills, AP/Chicago Manual of Style
- Proficiency in Excel, Word
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint
- Public Relations or Corporate Communications experience/knowledge
- Graphic Design, Photoshop, Illustrator
- 20% Travel Required, travel up to 40%
- Cubical setting (standing/sitting desk) in open floor-plan with moderate noise level
- Occasionally lift to 10 lbs
- Keyboarding up to 100% of the day
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website