Landry Aide / Housekeeping
Full Time, 32 hours
Gulf Coast Village
Maintain laundry/linen service in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner. Assure that the highest degree of sanitation is maintained at all times.
To ensure that all resident laundry is maintained in a timely fashion. Responsible for collecting, sorting, washing, drying, folding, stacking and distributing linens and personal laundry in compliance with facility laundry policies and procedures. Assist in keeping the laundry department neat, clean and orderly. Cleans equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
2. Previous institutional laundering service experience.
3. Ability to understand and follow procedure, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels. Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
4. Adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as loading and unloading washers and dryers; coordination necessary to fold and iron clothing items and linen.
5. Ability to work in an area that is often hot and humid.
6. Motor coordination and manual dexterity to sort and fold linens, load and unload washers and dryers.
- Sort soiled linen and place in appropriate container with lid.
- Sort soiled linen and separate those items that need special stain treatment.
- Put appropriate amount of soiled linen into washers.
- Put appropriate amount of wet clean linen into dryers. Set temperature to correct setting and set cool down and timer to correct minutes.
- Fold, count and distribute clean linen as necessary.
- Sort through clean linen and discard as necessary.
- Maintain an adequate supply of linen for resident comfort and convenience.
- Maintain an adequate supply of laundry chemicals.
- Report equipment failure to supervisor before the end of the work shift.
- Keep work area free of hazardous conditions including but not limited to: excess laundry carts and supplies, improper handling of linens with biohazards.
- Keep floor as dry as possible, and post wet floor signs when possible.
- Follow and maintain established procedures on cross-contamination and infectious materials.
- Inspect laundry on a daily basis to assure cleanliness.
- Disinfect clean carts, soiled carts and lids once a week.
- Clean all equipment once a week.
- Clean lint traps in drains daily.
- Clean lint filter in dryer daily.
- Wash tablecloth and assist, if needed, with the pressing and folding of tablecloth.
- Take trash to dumpster.
- Participates in In-service training.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Apply on company website