Autumnwood Care Center is looking for a full & part time Laundry Assistant to join our Tiffin, OH Team!
The Shift hours are as follows:
The Full time Hours are: Day shift on every other weekend 72 hours 6:00am - 2:30pm - weekends
The Part time Hours are: Day shift on every other weekeend 32 hours 6:00am - 2:30pm - weekends
- Performs defined department procedures using various chemicals, detergents, supplies, and equipment for collecting sorting, washing, drying, folding and distributing facility linen and residents' personal clothing.
- Inspects articles for cleanliness, stains and tears; sorts them for re-washing, spot removal and mending.
- Observes equipment for changes in pressure, water levels, temperature and chemical flow.
- Marks identification information on articles of clothing using press-on labels.
- Follows established procedures for storing, labeling and securing laundry chemicals.
- Collect soiled linen from nursing units. If linen barrels are used, reline with plastic liners. Wash out barrels with detergent/disinfectant as necessary and allow to dry.
- Follow infection control procedures and universal precautions using gowns/aprons and gloves as required.
- Sort soiled linen according to facility procedure.
- Wash and dry according to procedures for each machine.
- Fold clean linens. Stack in central linen supply closet.
- Separate personal clothing. Fold undergarments; hand dresses, blouses, shirts and pants on hangers. Distribute to proper resident room.
- Distribute clean linens as directed.
- Clean washers, dryers and laundry room as directed.
Apply on company website